William F. Vipond, Jr.
Founder/President – Vipond Group
William F. Vipond, Jr. is the founder and President of the Vipond Group and its parent company the Cross-Dock Development Corporation. Mr. Vipond has been active in the national commercial real estate arena for the past 25 years as a broker, developer, and real estate investment manager. He is also a former attorney licensed to practice law in the State of California. In the past, Mr. Vipond exclusively managed the surplus property portfolios of Fortune 500 companies Consolidated Freightways and CNF Properties, Inc. In addition, Mr. Vipond has represented other national clients such as Con-Way Transportation Services, Emery Worldwide, Federal Express, First Industrial Real Estate Trust, United States Freightways (USF), Arkansas Best Freightways (ABF), Crown Enterprises, West Ex, The Wilcox Dairy Farms, Redapt Systems Inc., Barclays North, Inc., the Rosario Resort and Marina (Olympus Real Estate Partners), Sterling Savings Bank, WSA Properties, LLC and BDA Inc.
Significant assignments include:
- Recently assembled and acquired all the real estate to build an arena and surrounding entertainment complex to bring an NBA and NHL franchise to the City of Seattle.
- Exclusive representation of Consolidated Freightways in its bankruptcy liquidation (real estate). Sold $397,000,000 of real estate assets (226 properties) in 28 months at 117% of appraised value (thereby finding the estate $61,000,000 of additional value due to the auction process that was employed).
- Representation of the court appointed federal receiver in the case of SEC vs. Danny Pang/ PEM Group et al.,(recently highlighted in the CNBC television series- “American Greed”) in the disposition of properties throughout the US, Canada and Costa Rica.
- Exclusive management of the Consolidated Freightways (pre-bankruptcy filing), CNF Properties, Inc. and United States Freightways surplus property portfolios with transactions totaling in excess of $92,000,000.
- Representation of Olympus Real Estate Partners in the sale of the Rosario Resort and Marina in the San Juan Islands of Washington State. The property consisted of 73.8 acres of waterfront real estate, marina, hotel, conference center, museum, spa, retail and an entitled condominium redevelopment master plan.
- Representation of the Mohseni Trust in its lease of its 600,000 square foot facility in Seattle, WA to Shippers Transport Express, Inc. (largest privately held marine and rail terminal operator in the world) for container storage.
- Representation of Wilcox Dairy Farms (reorganization and liquidation) in the disposition of their Oregon, Central and Eastern Washington distribution and processing centers.
- Representation in the disposition of the 526 acre (raw land) Hill Ranch in Sacramento, CA. Previously the family ownership had been offered $3,000 per acre, however, through the auction process we were able to secure approximately $20,000 per acre totaling $10,500,000 for the family trust.
- Representation of CNF and Con-Way Transportation Services in the sale of their 26.6 acre (158-door) terminal located in Chicago, IL. At the time, this transaction was one of the largest individual transportation sales ever completed, making the purchaser one of the City of Chicago’s largest single employers.
Member – State Bar of California
Real Estate Broker License – California Department of Real Estate
Real Estate Broker License – Washington Department of Real Estate
Turnaround Management Association
Board of Directors – Special Olympics Washington
Founding Member- Seattle Children’s Autism Guild
Honorable Mention – Unsung Heroes of Compassion by His Holiness
the Dalai Lama
Juris Doctor, 1986 – University of San Diego School of Law
San Diego, California.
BA in Economics/Political Science, 1983 – University of Denver