JT Wilcox comes to the Vipond Group as a economic consultant, specializing in business planning and asset sales. Before joining the Vipond Group, he was Chief Financial Officer at Wilcox Farms, a company that most recently celebrated 100 years as the most well known branded farming company in Washington. Wilcox worked in his family company for 23 years, managing diverse operations including an 800 cow dairy herd, feed mills and commodity purchasing. In 1995, he transitioned to processing operations, managing the operations of a company that grew in 20 years from $10-$200,000,000 in annual sales with more than 500 staff members. In addition, Wilcox currently consults for Wilcox Farms in the areas of water rights, forestry and land development for all of their real estate holdings.
During his tenure at Wilcox Farms, JT was chosen to serve as chairman of Milk-Pep, the world-famous “Got Milk” program with a $100 million annual budget and led that iconic organization for two years. Wilcox was recognized as a leader by his peers in his selection as Chairman of the Washington Holstein Association, the Washington Poultry Industry Association and he also sat on the boards of the Washington Egg Commission and the International Dairy Foods Association.
Wilcox was closely involved in the founding of the Nisqually River Basin Land Trust and served as its founding Vice President. The land trust remains one of his favorite projects because it is dedicated to preserving natural properties by donation or purchase of property rather than regulation.
Wilcox recently announced his candidancy to be a Washington State Representative in District 2 with the general election to be held in November of 2010.
Significant assignments include:
- Financial management expertise as CFO of a $200,000,000 diversified company
- Key participant in the restructuring and sale of a $150,000,000 business unit
- Generic advertising experience as Chairman of the most recognized commodity marketing group in history, Milk-Pep. Served as Chairman for 2 years of MILKPEP of “Got Milk” and “Milk Mustache” fame, the national milk processors advertising organization. Managed board overseeing spending of over $100,000,000/year of generic advertising and marketing funds
- Former Commissioner - Washington Dairy Products Commission
- Former Commissioner – Washington Egg Commission
- Founding Vice President of the Nisqually River Basin Land Trust and as part of Wilcox Family Farms, a highly recognized and awarded firm for sustainability and the largest farm to be awarded Salmon Safe designation.
- Lobbying experience over 15 years on state and national issues and a former board member of International Dairy Foods Association’s PAC.
- Exposure across the state as a top executive of Wilcox Family Farms, the most well-known family farm in Washington State.
Board of Directors – Pacific Education Committee
Board of Directors – Association of Washington Business (AWB)
Founding Member – Seattle Children’s Autism Guild
BA in History – Washington State University, Pullman, WA